Preliminary exercise learner response

 1) Type up your teacher's feedback in full plus a summary of the comments you received from other students in the class. If you've received your feedback via email, you can simply cut and paste it from the email into your blog.

  • Great choice of location - The bridge and canal work really well.
  • The effects for the gun are pretty impressive but remember no weapons in any public place when filming!
  • The narrative is brilliant - the wavy transition to show power (fantasy genre) and then the phone call. Just superbly constructed. 
  • Not far off a complete piece of coursework
  • Great editing and great storyline
  • Chase scene was a bit slow
  • Chaser fell over nothing
  • Great transition and link to the fantasy genre.
  • Great use of background music, camera work and dialogue - Dialogue was clear.
  • Person being chased doesn't looked scared.
  • More dialogue

2) Using a combination of your own reflection on the preliminary exercise and the feedback you were given, write three WWW bullet points (What Went Well) and three EBI bullet points (Even Better If) for your preliminary exercise. 

WWW

I chose a good location (My friend (Mayank) chose it). 
The transition fits in with the fantasy genre. 
The background music suited the video. 

EBI

I could record the videos in similar lighting as the clips slowly get darker.
I could use something else instead of a weapon.
The chase scene was slow and didn't feel intense. 


3) What have you learned from the preliminary exercise that will help you in the actual coursework project? List three things you have learned or will do differently as a result of this exercise. You may want to comment on organisation, actors, filming, editing or something else entirely but be specific.

I have learnt how to edit and its difficulty. I also learnt the impacts of different camera angles. In my coursework I will try to get more actors. I will try to edit more and add things that are related to the fantasy genre. I have also learnt that location plays an important in the video. I will also try to record more shots of the same bit so I have different clips. I will also include more camera angles and record more. 

Comments

Popular Posts