Media assessment learner response

1) Type up your feedback in full (you don't need to write the mark and grade if you want to keep this confidential).

WWW - This is a solid first assessment with the potential to go higher with work on exam. It's clear you have knowledge of media terminology and now need to work on analysing media texts in more detail.

EBI - Annotating the media texts will help you to write in more detail in the higher mark questions like Q3. Also, think about the context and what the producer is trying to communicate. E.g. for Q3 are they really trying to suggest the product is dangerous? Connotations of red also include love and romance which would make more sense here.

2) Read the mark scheme for this assessment carefully. Write down the mark you achieved for each question: 

Q1: 1

Q2: 1

Q3: 4

Q4: 2

Q5: 4

Q6: 2

3) Identify one of your stronger questions. Why did you do better on this question? Use the mark scheme to help you with this.

One of my stronger questions were Q5 as I got 4/6. I did better on this question as I had an idea on what to write. Moreover this is one of my stronger questions as I had a good understanding on Mise-en-scene and camera shots and angles which helped me write about the advert.

4) Identify one of your weaker questions. Why did you score lower on this particular question? Use the mark scheme to help you with this.

One of my weaker questions were Q3 as I got 4/12. This was one of my weaker questions as I didn't annotate the image. This was also one of my weaker questions as I didn't effectively use subject terminology.

5) Finally, write a new, detailed paragraph for Question 3 - the unseen text 12 mark question. Use the mark scheme to identify anticipated content you can add to your response and make sure you refer to the text and write in detail. 

In the advert they put Beyoncé (celebrity) in the centre of the image to catch the audience's attention. She is also wearing a low cut, revealing dress which creates a seductive effect. The dress also seems to be luxury or designer label. This also goes well with the colour palette and the background as the dress goes well with the colour red and velvet. 


Comments

Popular Posts